Solex Update

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Solex Update
From: Dan Neuman <dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 15:58:43 -0700
Hello All,
        Done some more monkeying with my Solex's.  Heres what I have
found.
        Well all four acc pumps squirt gass across the garage jsut fine.
All the jets in the different carbs match.  They don't look dirty at all.  The
throttle butterflys (2 per carb). appear to be 'in synch' -they both open the
same amount at full throttle and they both look like they are in the same
position when they are closed.  The little filter screens in the carbs were
clean. The float needles both work.
        What else did I miss??\
        Could all of my problems been from the vacuum leaks coming from
the rubber isolators??
        I have new ones coming.. $80 bucks youch!!  So any other tests-things
I should look at before I bolt the carbs back on let me know.
        Is there a write up on the web about tuning-adjusting Solex's???
I mean specifically how to tune the solexs on a raodster??? With pictures
and clear ENGLISH descriptions about what to do???  If there is not then I
suggest someone make one!!!  If I ever figure this out I will try to write
something up.
                Daniel 69 2000