Solex Help..Please!!!!

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Solex Help..Please!!!!
From: Dan Neuman <dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 11:04:39 -0700
Hello All,
        Well, I jsut had to have them didn't I????  Everyone said that the
SU's were better overall but did I listen?? No!!! And now I'm paying for it.
        Now, I know that several of you out there have been running
solex's for a long time and I need your advice.
        1. Vacuum leaks??  It appears that I have vacuum leaks from the
mating surfaces of the rubber carb isolaters.  What is the best way to fix
this??  What type of liquid gasket material will work well here??
        2. Replacing the rubber isolaters.  How can I tell when they need to
be repalced??  Mine look old and the outer surface of the rubber has cracks
that appear to be only on the surface.  The inside of the rubber looks okay.
        3. Synchronizing the throttle butterflys??  Ken says that maybe
the throttle butterflys on a carb are not in synch?/ How do I check this and
how do I adjust it??
        4. Using the unisyn 2 out of the 4 barrel's were pulling no vacuum at
idle..  The most likely cause for this is probably vacuum leaks right??  The
throttle shafts don't leak on these do they??
        5. What are the most likely palces for clogs to develop in theses
carbs??
        I am hoping that all of my problems will be cured once I fix the
vacuum leaks.  But while I have them off the carI want to check out as much
stuff as possible.
                Pleas help
                        Daniel 69 2000