Fw: Solex Update

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: Solex Update
From: "Victor Laury" <vlaury@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 18:35:07 -0700
List, Dan ask me how to adjust the valves on a U-20. It's different for the
R-16 and Tom has a great FAQ for that motor.

Please review and comment. Did I leave anything out? Is there some trick I
don't know?

Warm it up
get a 19mm open end and a 15mm
get a .3mm (.008) and .2mm (.01) feeler gauge. (the angled ones are best)
get 16 pieces of masking tape
turn it off
work fast
Pull the spark plugs (helps to make it easier to turn the engine
put it in first
remove the cover
wipe the head/cover mating surface (so the tape will stick)
push the car till a cam lobe is pointing to the sky.
look at the manifolds to see if that valve is an intake or exhaust.
you'll see the adjusting nuts on the pass side.
brake the bottom with the 19mm
adjust the top with the 15mm
if exhaust adjust to .3mm
if intake = .2mm
to set, hold the top in place with the 15mm while tightening the bottom with
the 19mm
put a peice of tape on the mating surface to mark it done and push the car
to the next valve.