Re: Solex Update

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Solex Update
From: CalSpeed@aol.com
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 20:59:58 EDT
Hello,

I am wondering if anyone car tell me the differences in performance between
the two different Solex's offered for the 2000's.  I currently have the later
design Solex's on the car and they work fine but I also have a new set of the
early type that would appear to be the original carbs that were offered in
1967.

I have heard that there is a performance increase in the earlier carbs.  Why
is that?  I have also heard that the earlier carbs are difficult to get parts
for if a rebuild is needed.  True?

Please advise if you have any info.

Michael "Calspeed" Carion
67.5 SRL311-000248 Solex (currently running on three cyl. due to a bad valve
seat)