Re: RL411SSS

To: ltielens@mail.csuchico.edu
Subject: Re: RL411SSS
From: JeffVH@aol.com
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 21:36:45 EDT
Lucian:  I have done something similar to what you're talking about.. I took
the B/W automatic out of a 72 Datsun1200 and replaced it with a 1200 4
speed..
Something you may not expect is the floorpan and Tran mounts were different
for the automatic equipped 1200 since the B/W automatic tranny was
significantly larger.. From my doner 1200 car I took the trans out. From the
donor car I also collected clutch master cyl, clutch pedal and smaller brake
pedal, and FLOORPAN/Transmission tunnel to get the mounting points for the
smaller manual transmision.
The new former automatic car had all the mounting points for the petals and
clutch master  cylinder..
I'm not sure if the transmission tunnel issue will arise for your 411
project.. just a head's up from someone that's dealt with an old Datsun B/W
swapout.

email if any other ??'s
Jeff
OROC,