Re: Turbo (Flame) War

To: "Jim Tyler" <toplessdatsun@ga.prestige.net>,
Subject: Re: Turbo (Flame) War
From: "Mike Kerr" <mikekerr@innercite.com>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2000 12:49:38 -0700
Accually all that stuff was made so it can pass the emition laws , street
turbos are made reliable by keeping the boost relativley  low around 7.5 lbs
boost.
Any high performace motor can be killed by a idiot.... don't matter what you
try and do to prevent it ..
Most tubo motors on street production car are  low HP motors to start off
with and they add a turbo to boost power..  No so with the U20 roadster the
car has a lot of power allready , So the time you are on boost is very
limited.. you are never on full boost for more at ten seconds , your just
going to fast ...  Now if you take My motor and put it in a 10,000lb. RV and
try to use all that HP, the first hill you come to you will waste the motor.
THe roaster only weighs 2000lbs , can't put that much load on the engine to
hurt it....

Mike Kerr
Restoration Products
3730 todrob Ln.