Re: Turbo (Flame) War

To: "Rob Robinson" <FastrTime@t-three.com>,
Subject: Re: Turbo (Flame) War
From: "Mike Kerr" <mikekerr@innercite.com>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2000 12:30:48 -0700
the car is high maintanace if you drive it hard , but that will be true with
any motor
 but it is a Low compression , mild cam motor that will putt a long in stop
and go just fine..
and since it is all mech.. and no high tect there is no electriocs that you
can't fix on the side of the road.

Nothing wrong with high tect and in fact you can get more HP out of the u20
going that way  around 500 HP +..  What really limits the HP in a turbo
moter is the head flow and the U20 flows real well. Just like trying to
force water through a pipe  you can get more water  through by adding
pressure to a certain piont, once you hit the max flow rate of the pipe you
can add pressure with very little increase in flow..  the  u 20 head will
most likely flow fine up to about 30 lbs of boost.. change your feul to
alcohol , get a good high flow injection set up, and a good high efficancy
intercooler, run a tuned header into the turbo, and a good ignition system
with spark control , then add water injection..  In the moter get better
rods( so you  can rever it to 8000 rpm , fodged pistons, with ceramic
coating on the top, better yet pay the bucks to have the whole damn piston
made out of ceramics. To get ridd of all lag , install a nitrous set up...
that should give you at least 500 HP .. and  12,000.00 out of your bank
account.:-) "
you want to play you have to pay "

Mike Kerr
Restoration Products