MINT ROADSTER sighting/ Roadster values

To: datsun roadsters <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: MINT ROADSTER sighting/ Roadster values
From: Roman Rist <ristguitars@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 12:21:49 -0700 (PDT)
Hi folks,
yesterday I'm at the 711 and this guy starts talking about these cars
and about how they're coming back. I told him they never left. Then he
told me that there was a silver totally restored 66 1600 in the
showroon of Miller Nissan in Van Nuys Ca. I had to have a look. It was
only about 5 minutes away so I went.
The car was amazing ! totall stock resto. I was suprised how nice a
grey flat dash looks against the fresh chrome gauges and black
interior. As I looked closer I saw a CDM plaque in the engine bay. It
was done by our own Les  at Classic Datsun.

Every day some civilian tells me about how they are seeing more of
these cars and how they are coming back.
this leads me back to our previous controversy RE 25k roadster, aside
from our own emotional bonds to the cars, they should and will go up in
value.
Agree or flame me if you will, don't matter.

A noted authority said to me that all the guys that were anti-price
raising and wanted to keep them affordable sportscars already had one.
the simplicity of that overwhelmed me.
thats like buying a house putting 100,000 of improvements into it only
to sell it at a loss. Stupid! even if you never sell it it is desirable
to have the value increase.

Here are a few points;

Ever have a hard time finding parts?
No Demand,cars not worth much anyway. not many reproduction parts,not
profitable to make.

Ever come across a butchered, hacked etc. roadster only good for
parting out. well not worth fixing, car not worth much.

I could go on and on,but here is my predict. the more cars that are
modified, hacked, parted out left to rust, turned to scrap iron will
shoot the value up of the remaining unmolested roadsters. one day some
one will find in a barn a bone stock 66 1600 and drool even though it
has been sitting forever, they will see the potential of its' former
glory.

the sad thing to me is that my girlfreind's Nissan Sentra has a higher
resale value than a lot of roadsters. It is just a normal garden
variety transportation device, not a vintage sportscar!

I like getting a deal like anyone else, and am not opposed to modifying
cars, but I already have 2 roadsters, and do I want my property value
to go up? Hell yes!

In closing; more and more interest amongst civilians is occuring,the
value will and should go up, the days of it being a cheap japanese car
are over. the time for the car to be recognised as a classic and be
valued accordingly is here!

Again agree or flame me, I dont care.
But remember, you all own one or more of these cars that you either do
or don't want the value to go up on.

Roman Rist
67.5 stock 1600 Maybe with 2000 motor soon
LA Ca