Re: MINT ROADSTER sighting/ Roadster values

To: "Roman Rist" <ristguitars@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: MINT ROADSTER sighting/ Roadster values
From: Marc Tyler <mtyler@hctc.net>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 17:13:53 -0500
>Every day some civilian tells me about how they are seeing more of
>these cars and how they are coming back.
>this leads me back to our previous controversy RE 25k roadster, aside
>from our own emotional bonds to the cars, they should and will go up in
>value.
>Agree or flame me if you will, don't matter.
>
>A noted authority said to me that all the guys that were anti-price
>raising and wanted to keep them affordable sportscars already had one.
>the simplicity of that overwhelmed me.
>thats like buying a house putting 100,000 of improvements into it only
>to sell it at a loss. Stupid! even if you never sell it it is desirable
>to have the value increase.

Sounds like someone who doesn't pay property taxes ;-)

Seriously though, if prices increase due to increased collectability due
to stunning examples turned out by the likes of CDM, cool! Great!  But if
our cars become the flavor of the month for those who collect as an
investment, there goes the party. Maybe that's not likely since it's not
American iron or European snobmobiles.

If the old car market sees fit to raise the value of our roadsters fine,
but I don't know how we can increase the value of these cars
artificially.  Isn't that price fixing?

my two cents

Marc t.