Re: Drooping the rear end.

To: "Daniel Neuman" <dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu>
Subject: Re: Drooping the rear end.
From: Ronnie Day <ronday@home.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 20:49:58 -0600
>Hi,
>       Wow I had not heard this..I talked to Dennis at CDM a while ago and
>he did not seem to think it was any big deal.  Are we talking about the same
>thing?? I have a complete 4.11 lsd unit that I am going to swap out for my
>stock 3.7. Maybe I am confused..its already built toghether and ready to go?
>I was under the impression that I would  jsut unbolt the drive shaft unbolt
>the 8 million bots around the pumpkin and bolt in my new unit?? The drive
>shaft should bolt right back up and then I would jsut have to slide the axles
>back in??
>       Whoa, somebody clear this up before I go and destroy this thing.

Daniel,

Sounds like you've already pulled the axles AND that the 4.11 LSD is a
complete center section/third member assembly that just has to be bolted
in? Pretty simple. But, if you have to install the new ring gear and
pinion and LSD unit into the third member, that's a much more
complex/time consuming situation.

Hopefully you're in the take out the old (complete unit)/pop in the new
one group.

Ron

Ronnie Day
rday@home.com