How many SINGLE CARB 1500's are on the road

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: How many SINGLE CARB 1500's are on the road
From: BARTERDUDE@aol.com
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 21:50:57 EST
Hi Group -

I see all this talk about the rare (last 2000's) but without the junior's of
the group, the others may not have come about.  My question, and I have not
seen the registry, is:

How many of the 300 single carb 1500 Fairlady's are on the road, and how many
are around, but not running?  When I was in Australia, I believe that there
were no single carb 1500's imported there, so the US may have been the only
location outside of Japan that had this initial experiment.  In fact I think
that the company produced for the dealers, a conversion kit to the dual
carbs.  Anyway, as a Datsun enthusiast since 1969 with my first 64 Fairlady,
I am really proud to have one of these very rare classics, with the motor and
numbers matching.  Would like to know who else (in the world) may have one
and if we could create a shared resources and communications link.  I know
these cars are more beautiful than speedy and everyone is into the power of a
2000, but we are the first in the Roadster family and have a proud heritage.

If you know anyone that has one of these rare classics, let me know.

Gary Lasater
63 Single Carb 1500 - SPL31000289B
Parker CO 80134