RE: Found a L20b vs U20?

To: "'Joshua Milton'" <jt_milton@yahoo.com>,
Subject: RE: Found a L20b vs U20?
From: Howard Fletcher <hgf@netro.com.au>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 09:30:20 +1100
Hi Josh and all

One meaning of "imagining" is perceiving something fictional and I agree
with that.

A ported U20 with the mods described and some valve machining can go to
170bhp and more,  I have one with similar mods that has been dynoed at a
little over 170 but the compression is actually lower than std (9.2 to 1)
(my Silver car).

The mods on my race U20 are a little more exotic and mine pulls 228bhp (so
says the dyno).  (normally aspirated with 11.8 to 1 compression).  (My Blue
and white race car on Gordon's site).

I agree on the parts bit. I have used modified L series titanium valve
retainers on the U20.

The design efficiency of the U20 is far greater, take the Heads side by
side and look at the huge ports on the U20 compared with the L series.

Regards,

Howard