Re: Found a L20b vs U20?

To: "Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Found a L20b vs U20?
From: "Victor Laury" <vlaury@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 20:31:33 -0800
  Ron, the five and dime master, said,
<I still say probably the best option in this situation is a KA-24,
if you're going to do a swap. I don't know if I would or not>

If all that Ron said doesn't convince you, here's one more, albeit very
superficial one, The KA looks very at home in the Roadster engine bay! Who
was it that brought that KA sway to Solvang this year? That was beautiful!
Being no expert, I have no idea how smooth a swap it is. I talked to some
Dimers and they run into trouble with the front sump and have to do some
pretty drastic mods to make it work (like saw away a good portion of
underframe and (!) remove the sway bar (YIKES!). I'm hoping to hear it's a
breeze in the roadster. like different mounts and Driveshaft mods.

With all the good Nissan swaps the list is experimenting with presently, I'm
hoping a real modern standard is developed and well established kits are
made available. What I really hope for is that by the time my roadster needs
an engine, IC motors will be in museums and for $20, you drop in a suitcase
sized, 400 HP, atomic fuel cell doohickey, that lasts 400K miles between
refills.

Victor
LALALALAND