Re: Found a L20b vs U20?

To: Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Found a L20b vs U20?
From: Gordon Glasgow <glasgow@serv.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 1999 20:25:17 -0800
Ronnie remembers correctly. I built a "Frankenmotor" LZ22 with L20B head and
twin SU's. I'm not sure it was much cheaper than building a solid U20, though,
as I spent about $2500 on it. That was basically new everything - pistons,
valves, springs, chain, gears, tensioner, bearings, etc. plus all the machine
work of balancing, Magnafluxing, boring, etc. In other words, all the same
things you should do if you are building a high-performance motor of any design.

For those of you who are 510-fluent, the stock U20 valves are 1mm LARGER than
the valves in the fabled L-series FIA head! That's why the U20 breathes so well.

--
Gordon Glasgow
http://www.gordon-glasgow.org