Re: No Subject

To: <ENLITE3@aol.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: No Subject
From: "Kyle Hagemann" <kyle@sonic.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 08:18:57 -0700
-----Original Message-----
From: ENLITE3@aol.com <ENLITE3@aol.com>

>Someone just gave me a 1968 1600, it's been sitting unregistered for
two
>years.  California DMV says it will cost me over $500.00 to get the
>registration current. My question is this, does anybody have any
sugestions
>or tricks to get around paying for all the penalties?

Hi Sharon.

I've been down that road myself a time or two......  not a lot of
fun.

Ca DMV will remove the vehicle from the database after a certain
number of years, maybe four?  At that time, to get it registered, you
have to take it to the local DMV office to get it verified - they
look at the VIN and license number to make sure it matches the title.

Getting around the fees is unlikely.

So now you have a couple choices - wait it out - unless you went to
the DMV to get the ball rolling (ie, began registration) - that
likely started the clock running anew:-( Or, I hate to say it, but if
the car is a freebie, it's probably not worth the hassle.... keep it
as a parts car and get another roadster....   Or if the roadster
hasn't gotten into your bloodstream yet, sell it as a parts car, or
out of state.

FWIW
Kyle
Santa Rosa, CA