RE: No Subject

To: "'ENLITE3@aol.com'" <ENLITE3@aol.com>
Subject: RE: No Subject
From: Gary Ward <gary.ward@do1.scccd.cc.ca.us>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 10:20:00 -0700
Sharon,

That doesn't sound right.  I live in Clovis, California, and recently
registered a 1971 Fiat 124 Sport Spider which had gone unregistered since
1980.  They backed it up until 1995 for registration.  With sales tax (I
had to PAY for my play thing!), it came to $132.

I think someone is smoking something at your DMV.  Talk to another
agent/rep at the department, or if you live in a big city, check out
another office of the DMV.  Maybe they think you have to pay the Smog
Impact Fee of $300.  Not so.  Since your vehicle is a 1973 or older
vehicle, you are exempt from that little "taxation without representation."

Again, something doesn't sound right here.  Check it out.

Gary T. Ward