upper A-Arm bolts?

To: list roadster <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: upper A-Arm bolts?
From: Dan Neff <neffster189@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 08:38:24 -0700 (PDT)
Gang,

  Quick question. i was checking my upper A-arm bolts
(since there's a rattle on bumps), and decided(?) to
go
ahead with the bolt replacement that i've heard
suggested. BUT, sifting thru the archives I (think I)
read about 2 diff sizes.. 7/16" Grade 8, or 10mmx50mm
Grade 9 (or Grade 10.9). What I'd _like_ to do is run
down to the local nut&bolt shop and say "gimme 4 xyz,
inches/mm long", and install/swap them this weekend.
Can anyone clarify?
  Also, can these be 'swapped out' by a shadetree
mechanic (me)? It _looks_ that way, but I saw posts
referring to alignment shims falling out (should I get
it aligned after? or should i just take it in for an
alignment and have them install them?). Can I just
raise the car, pull the wheel, and replace each bolt 1
at a time? or is it more involved?

thanks,
Dan
Dan Neff   '69 2000