Re: No Subject

To: ENLITE3@aol.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: No Subject
From: DemonTSi@aol.com
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 00:44:34 EDT
In a message dated 10/28/99 7:38:05 PM Pacific Daylight Time, ENLITE3@aol.com
writes:

<< Someone just gave me a 1968 1600, it's been sitting unregistered for two
 years.  California DMV says it will cost me over $500.00 to get the
 registration current. My question is this, does anybody have any sugestions
 or tricks to get around paying for all the penalties? >>

It shouldn't cost more than about 270-280 bucks to reg that car in CA. My
black roadster set me back 270, and it hadn't been regged in 3 years. If I
could have waited another year, the car's info would have been purged from
the system, and then registration would only cost about 80 bucks. So if it's
a running car you want to reg now, look at somewhere around 200-250. If it's
a non-running car, either don't reg it and store it on private property, or
pay 10 bucks to get a non-op registration tag for it.

Van
- http://members.xoom.com/BADROC