Re: No Subject

To: ENLITE3@aol.com,
Subject: Re: No Subject
From: Mike Poorboy <bitterrootprop@nidlink.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 09:22:16 -0700
Sharon,
This registration for non use is another way California taxes you for
something that they don't provide any service for.

You can try this method. If the car is running get a friend in another state
to register the car out of state. If this car wasn't intended for daily use
this can work. Even if you have to register it in a family members name.
Then bring the registration from the other state to the DMV and try to get
a California registration.

I registered a car from Louisiana in California, after it sat for years with
no problem and no additional fees. It had a Louisiana title.

I was very fortunate when I moved to Idaho. My car was still in
California at the time and the registration expired. The car needed
to be smogged before the new registration was issued. I went to
the DMV here and explained the situatiion to the lady here. She said I
looked honest and issued a registration and plates with the agreement
that when I got the car here I needed to bring it in for verification.
She even gave me 3 months to do it. I wish government agencies
still had this type of mentality. then we wouldn't have to find ways to
get around the bureaucracy.

Mike
Hayden Lake, Idaho