Re: hesitation on acceleration fixed?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, "Matt Peterson" <pete_303@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: hesitation on acceleration fixed?
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 09:02:26 -0700
Matt,

I had a lot of similar problems shortly after I got my '70 1600. Skipping,
hesitation, stumbling, even complete cutout. I traced it all to the
distributor. Much of it due to the breaker plate under the points. It was
really screwed up, and jumped the timing all over the place. Dropping in a
new distributor made her a brand new gal, and she's run like a champ since.
Getting a new distributor will guarantee that all components are in sync.
If you replace components in the distributor piece-meal, you may still have
problems due to faulty items you didn't swap. For instance, on mine, the
weight springs were bad (one broken), and the shaft was messed up with too
much vertical movement. As well as a bad breaker plate and bad points.

Fred - So.SF
SFBADROC