Re: An Observation on Compression

To: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, Mikie2U@aol.com
Subject: Re: An Observation on Compression
From: "sidney raper" <spl310@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 18:45:08 EDT
All,

I have to chime in on the non-roadster item.  Back in college, I made the
dumb mistake of selling my 67 1600 because of some nickle and dime stuff
that was driving me nuts.  A bad brake line was the last straw.  I sold it
and used the proceeds to buy a frankenstein 66 Mustang.  At any rate, I
slowly refurbished the old ford with junkyard parts and traded parts.  Being
a typical college student, I burned the candle at both ends and averaged
about 2 1/2 hours sleep at night during one crazy semister.  At the end of
finals, I was leaving for home at about 11pm when I backed into a light
pole.  Now that is not too much in and of itself except that it was in the
Mustang and I hit it with enough force to move the 3 foot diameter concrete
base about 1 1/2 inches in the asphalt.  Yes folks, I was in a hurry!!  At
any rate (no pun intended) I hit it VERY hard and the gas tank was never
even touched.  I doubt that the Mustang is any less safe than a Roadster (we
have the tank in the exact same location.

IMHO

Sid Raper
Ex Ford pilot