An Observation on Compression

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: An Observation on Compression
From: Mikie2U@aol.com
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 12:58:30 EDT
I have a question/observation for the Roadster enthusiasts.

I am going to try to rebuild the engine for the 1600 that siezed up last
winter and while I was doing some reading to help me prep for the project I
made an observation and I want to ask if my reasoning is sound.

According to the specifications in the manual the compression pressure is
180.6 psi.  If you divide that by 2 you come up with 90.3 psi.  +/- a little
of that 90.3 should be considered a good compression reading, shouldn't it?
I base this assumption on 2 pistons being up while 2 are down, therefore the
180.6 / 2.

Or, do I have it all wrong?

By the way, Chris, my son opted to buy a nice '67 Mustang this summer, so I
get to have the Roadster.

Michael
'67 1600
Va Bch, VA