Re: An Observation on Compression

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, Mikie2U@aol.com
Subject: Re: An Observation on Compression
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 10:45:49 -0700
I don't think you divide that at all. My understanding is that it should be
compression per cylinder. I've got readings of 165 to 175 on each of the
cylinders in my '70 1600.

Non-roadster item - a couple days ago there was a 60 Minutes blurb on sixties
Mustangs being very dangerous in collisions. Seems that they have drop-in fuel
tanks in the trunk, that will burst in a rear collision and shower passengers
with gasoline. They (safety engineers and even Lee Iacocca) recommend getting
rid of the car, or reinforcing the top of the tank with metal sheeting. Please
check into this issue for your son's sake.

Fred - So.SF