Interiors :

To: Datsun Roadsters - Post List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Interiors :
From: jhatfield@cavemen.net (William Hatfield)
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 12:39:24 -0600
 Thought I'd pass along a couple of tricks I used on my interior.  When
I did mine (probably 15 years ago ) there was not much after market.  I
used house carpet (it's a lot thicker than automotive carpet/more plush)
then I took it to an upholstry shop after cutting and fitting and they
edged it with vinyl trim.  The dash was badly cracked (N.M. sun and
summer heat is really hard on padded dashes) so I filled the cracks and
covered the padded part with double knit cloth since it forms to shape
so well, then I painted the knit with fiberglass resin.  It's not
complety original looking and it is hard, but it looks good and it
hasn't cracked since and it would still be a low buck way to go.
                                         hth   Bill    66&67spl in N.M.