Re: tires

To: doj27288@csun.edu, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: tires
From: BERKEN@aol.com
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 22:48:36 EDT
In a message dated 08/11/1999 8:08:08 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
doj27288@csun.edu writes:

<< Hello all,

 I'm in the market for new tires. What would you all recommend for a mostly
 daily driver that likes to have fun when he can? Not too expensive but not
 too cheap either.

 More importantly. For those of us that don't have test tracks (most of us
 I think) to test all sorts of tires, how do we go about knowing which
 tires are best suited to what we need. i.e. how do you rate and compare
 tires without short of putting them on your car and driving around?

 Thanks, I'm expecting to hear from alot you out there since this is a very
 important but little talked about subject.

 Denis Jiron
 '68 1600
 Northridge, CA

Dennis,

The ones I have been running for about 5 years now are Kelly Springfield
185/70 R14's. They are an all season tread (M+S rated) and wear very well.
If you are looking for a more performance tire, you might look elsewhere, but
for everyday driving they have been fine.

Joseph Berkenbile
70 1600