Re: tires

To: BERKEN@aol.com
Subject: Re: tires
From: Gary Gerding <ggerding@tconl.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 08:47:40 -0500

BERKEN@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 08/13/1999 5:15:50 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
> pkort@cis.picker.com writes:
>
> << Joseph,
>
>    Those sound like the same tires I run.  Mine were named "Navigators" by
> Kelly.
>  I have used them on my other cars also.  Since my 1600 is mostly stock and
>  driven within the law ( well, most of the time! )  I wanted to maintain the
> ride
>  height and stock wheels.  I do a bunch of freeway driving to get to different
>  OROC events around the state and wanted to keep the 70 series.  As it is I
> spend
>  a lot of time at 4000 RPMs!

I'm using 175/70R14 Cooper Lifeliner Classic II's.  I think they are the correct
diameter to make the speedometer accurate.  I'm very happy with their daily
use performance and love the retro look of the narrow whitewall.

I'm curious, at 70 MPH, my tachometer reads 4200 RPM.  Both my tachometer
and speedometer have recently been serviced.  Do those numbers seem correct
for an SPL311?

Thanks,

Gary Gerding, 1967 SPL311, Omaha, NE