Re: tires

To: pkort@cis.picker.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: tires
From: BERKEN@aol.com
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 09:24:05 EDT
In a message dated 08/13/1999 5:15:50 AM Mountain Daylight Time,
pkort@cis.picker.com writes:

<< Joseph,

   Those sound like the same tires I run.  Mine were named "Navigators" by
Kelly.
 I have used them on my other cars also.  Since my 1600 is mostly stock and
 driven within the law ( well, most of the time! )  I wanted to maintain the
ride
 height and stock wheels.  I do a bunch of freeway driving to get to different
 OROC events around the state and wanted to keep the 70 series.  As it is I
spend
 a lot of time at 4000 RPMs!

 Dennis,

 The ones I have been running for about 5 years now are Kelly Springfield
 185/70 R14's. They are an all season tread (M+S rated) and wear very well.
 If you are looking for a more performance tire, you might look elsewhere, but
 for everyday driving they have been fine.

 Joseph Berkenbile
 70 1600

Paul,

They probably are the same. Only time I wished I had something different was
the one time I autocrossed it a year or so ago. If I get into doing that on a
regular basis, I'll pick up a second set of wheels and get some Hoosiers or
something.

The Kellys really do wear well, which is what I wanted for a daily driver
car.  I probably have put about 30,000 miles on the set and there is plenty
of tread left.  Also, I bought 5 and have kept them all rotated pretty
regularly.

Joseph Berkenbile
70 1600
Albuquerque....Warren ME