Towing

To: roadster list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Towing
From: "Richard B. Chianese" <Richard.B.Chianese@swpc.siemens.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 13:47:34 -0400
This thread on towing reminds me of the 1954 movie "The Long, Long
Trailer" with Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz.  Herb Vigran plays the
trailer salesman who instructs Desi's character, Nick Collini, how to
tow this enormous house trailer behind his Mercury convertible.

In the scene, they are driving along and the salesman is calmly
stretched out in the passenger seat (no seat belts back then kiddies).
But every time Desi goes to touch the brakes Herb screams at him to hit
the trailer brakes first.

The scene on the mountain roads is a classic!  And Lucy gets to do some
great physical comedy making dinner in the moving trailer.

You young'ins who have never seen this movie may want to go rent it at
your local Blockbuster.  Especially after all the comments we have had
about towing lately.  Consider it a primer on what NOT to do with a
trailer.

Rick Chianese
SRL311-14035
Orlando, FL - 84F and I can hear the thunder.