Re: Towing

To: <DemonTSi@aol.com>, <BERKEN@aol.com>, <toby@wolfenet.com>
Subject: Re: Towing
From: Ronnie Day <rday@airmail.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 10:47:46 -0500
><< Thanks for the advice.  I was thinking of unbolting the driveshaft from
>the
> diff and wiring it up really well, and leaving the front yoke in the trans.
> Has anyone done this? >>
>
>I tell ya guys...just pop a paint can top over the end and it'll keep the
>fluid from getting all over the place, and it's secure too.

the paint can lid idea is good. Sometime in the past I picked an extra
yoke (splined piece tha goes into the trans tailshaft) so I need to flat
tow one of the 510's I pull the driveshaft and stick in the extra yoke,
securing it with a strap or bungee cord. THe yoke also comes in handy if
I'm pulling the trans alone or with the engine.

BTW, I thought at least some of the roadster transmissions had a flat
flange on the output?

FWIW, Ron

Ronnie Day
rday@airmail.net
Dallas/Ft. Worth
'71 510 2-dr (Prepared class autocrosser)
'73 510 2-dr (Street Toy)