Re: Towing

To: "Michael Byers" <mbyers@sapientnetworks.com>,
Subject: Re: Towing
From: Ronnie Day <rday@airmail.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 15:52:11 -0500
> The main requirements for this type of operation are
>trailer brakes, proper tongue weight, towing experience,  and remembering
>that the thing is back there in a panic situation.

Agreed. I guess that's what I get for generalizing too much. The problems
arise most often (I'd think) because folks tend to ignore at least one,
if not all, of your points. Add in other folks on the road who don't pay
attention (on or off of their sell phones) and it can be a real mess.

I've always thought of driving as a dynamic, interactive activity. It's
even more so when towing.

FWIW, Ron

Ronnie Day
rday@airmail.net
Dallas/Ft. Worth
'71 510 2-dr (Prepared class autocrosser)
'73 510 2-dr (Street Toy)