Re: newbie

To: <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: newbie
From: "Neil Sherry" <sherry@invention-machine.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 08:57:44 -0000
There is an MG1300 which I think still races in the MG Car Club's Anglia
Centre Phoenix Petroleum Challenge (I think that's the right title) here in
the UK. This series has about four classes, along with weight limits, tyre
reg's etc to give fair racing for almost any MG from pre-war to MGF and
standard to well modified. The car was originally run by a pair of brothers
(The Botelles) but more recently just one (Alan?).
The nearest equvalent model when they started racing the 1300 was the MG
Metro (slightly smaller and more aerodynamic than the 1300, but also
probably heavier), so this gave the rule makers a start point for
classifying the car. I believe the car aquitted itself quite well - although
with just one out there it is hard to tell.
Neil