Re: anniversary and hello!

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: anniversary and hello!
From: "Jim Muller" <muller@world.std.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 21:55:16 -0500
So there I was, minding my own business and getting caught up on the goings-
on of an old friend, when a note from Phil Ethier says:
> >> What an odd coincidence after the talk this week of the old days,
> >> Jim Muller, Dale Cook, and the balkanization of the SOL list.
> >> Following that we have a post from Lydia Gregoret.

Dale Cook started british-cars@alliant.com back around 1987, if I remember
correctly.  I took it over from him very soon after that and ran it for
perhaps two years.  During that time we grew to about 400 names.  When I
left Alliant (the first time, not when they finally folded) I tried to take
the SOL list with me, but the sysops at my new employer weren't up to it.
So mjb took it over and somehow I lost touch with the whole thing.

However, thanks to the wonders of Internet search engines (and the fact that
I now have a few disposable brain cycles) I have finally found you again!
Hi, everybody!  Great to be back.  The Spitfire still runs well.  Has a bit
of a buzzing after it warms up, perhaps something loose in the catalyst that
rattles only when it gets hot.  Gotta' spend some time this spring finishing
some rough edges, like the fact that his door seals leak too much air and
he's gotten noiser than I'd like.  Can't complain tho'.  I'm considering
picking up a GT6 or TR6, something with a bit more power.  Still don't have
much money :-( .

(Is it considered bad form to cross-post to british-cars and triumphs?)

Waiting for spring...
Jim Muller - muller@world.std.com
Southern Rail - SouthernRail@world.std.com
http://SouthernRail.com/