newbie

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: newbie
From: Eric Wilson <weej@ridgenet.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 15:10:57 -0800
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: TR7  -- Why are LBC carbs so complicated?
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 09:03:34 -0800
From: Eric Wilson <weej@ridgenet.net>
To: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>

Greetings all:

I'm brand new to the list.  I have a quick question regarding the Austin
America
/ MG 1300.  Were these cars, in any of their re-badged forms, ever raced
successfully?  I've looked around the web for history on these cars and
can't
find anything helpful.

I've found two reasonably good condition cars, one an MG and one an
Austin, in a
local junkyard.  They're good looking little cars and immediatly
appealed to my
small car aesthetic (I'm also a Datsun 510 owner).  Before I buy them, I
wonder
if they can be turned into little hot-rods the way the Mini-Cooper was
so well.
Also, even 510 parts are getting hard to come by - I expect that the
lesser-known (in rural America, anyway) British marques might be nearly
impossible to find good parts for.  Is this true?

Can anyone point me to a definitive website that covers these intriguing
little
cars?

Thanks

wej