Re: Towing Without a Trailer

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Towing Without a Trailer
From: island@whidbey.net (Judith Winter)
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 1994 16:51:45 -0800
Jerry,

>    All this discussion about trailers reminds me of a related project
>I've been thinking of:  What about tow bars?  I know they're verboten
>for cars with automatic transmissions, but both my LBCs have sticks.

Er, pardoon my ignorance. But, that *is* why this list exists ... or, is it
for the non-lbc content, e.g. bovinne nutrement?   :)  Anyhoo, uh, why are
they verboten on auto?  And is that refeered to a pull-er that's automatic?
 or a pull-ee?

>   Now, I take pretty good care of the Clankster, but fifteen years in
>this hobby have made me a pessimist :-).  I don't worry about driving it
>to work and back, because I know I'm always a $100 tow from home.  But
>oftentimes british-car events in the far reaches of the state beckon.
>What if the car were to die far away?

And I took flack for questioning lbc as daily driver.  Not wanting to
restrict my *only* 4-wheel transport to 100 miles from home/mechanic (I
believe 100 miles is AAA's limit). When most of my driving is rural with
rural idiosyncracies of getting stuck. (AA contracts w 1 tow-truck on this
island.  When we need a tow, we call the tow first, to arrange mutually
convenient time, respectful of "business hours for non-urgent" & then call
AAA for "ral"arrangement.

In connection,

Judith Winter
island@whidbey.net