Re: waiting for wipers for an eternity

To: Chris Kantarjiev <cak@parc.xerox.com>
Subject: Re: waiting for wipers for an eternity
From: Greg Meboe <meboe@wsuaix.csc.wsu.edu>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 1994 15:35:23 -31802 (PST)

On Thu, 3 Nov 1994, Chris Kantarjiev wrote:

> Not only is this bad customer policy, it's illegal. There was a ruling
> some years ago that merchants may not charge a credit card order
> without delivering the goods, or giving you the option of cancelling.
> Most merchants do this by sending out a postcard asking if you want to wait.
>
> Call your credit card handler and complain about Moss to them; you
> should be able to get them to issue you a credit.

        I worked for the N.W. distributor for M*ss, and on every order we
got charged for stuff that was then eternally backordered.  After a few
years of this, I became accustomed to it, and got used to explaining it
to customers.
        Mostly, we'd ask to make sure they had each item in stock when
we placed our order.

                Greg
                            Greg Meboe     meboe@wsuaix.csc.wsu.edu
                            Dept. of Mechanical and Materials Engineering
                            Washington State University,  Pullman, Wa.
                            '67 Spit-6   '74 TR-6