Re: waiting for wipers for an eternity

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: waiting for wipers for an eternity
From: Chris Kantarjiev <cak@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 1994 10:10:47 PST
        What bothers me about their back-order policy is that they take the
order,
        and my money (charge card) without even *hinting* to me that it may be
eons
        before I get my product.  This policy has always irked me, but only
once in
        a while does it really really really irk me (like now).

Not only is this bad customer policy, it's illegal. There was a ruling
some years ago that merchants may not charge a credit card order
without delivering the goods, or giving you the option of cancelling.
Most merchants do this by sending out a postcard asking if you want to wait.

Call your credit card handler and complain about Moss to them; you
should be able to get them to issue you a credit.