MG History?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: MG History?
From: Christopher Ackerson <ackerson@umr.edu>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 1994 11:08:08 -0600 (CDT)
        While at a machine shop a few months ago, trying to have the splines
on a steering wheel from a '69 redone to fit my early '67 MGB (title says
1967, chassis number matches what moss says is 1966) the machine shop man
asked if I liked MGs? I said I did and he led me to a corner of the shop
where he had a '20s or '30s Ford flathead V8 with an MG octogon on it.
Around the perimeter of the octogon read something like "Made by Ford for
the Morris Garages Car Company, 192*." Does anyone know anything about
these? Did MG make a car with a V8 before the BGT V8 of the '70s?

        Carb Question: When I drive the MG and pull up to a stoplight the
engine seems to idle at about 2000rpm until I blip the throttle, at which
point it returns to the 7-800rpm that I set the idle speed at. What do I
need to replace to fix this?

                -Chris Ackerson

'67 MGB