Re: SmogWoes

To: "Daren Stone, D2 Mfg. Engr. C5/6, 5-9521" <DSTONE@sc9.intel.com>
Subject: Re: SmogWoes
From: "W. Ray Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 1994 13:38:13 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 26 Apr 1994, Daren Stone, D2 Mfg. Engr. C5/6, 5-9521 wrote:

>      At lunch today I took Godzilla the tow vehicle
>      over to SmogBozos (SmogPros) to get it smogged
>
>      HSAT: "Sir, even though your truck passed all of the
>      measured tests, I had to fail it because the timing is
>      so far off"
>
>      Me:  "How far off is it ?"
>
>      HSAT: (smirkingly) "Um, 90 degrees BTDC"
>
>      and second, would the thing even run at 90 BTDC ?

Hmmmm.  Could this be a V6 or V8 in which one might make a mistake about
which of the front two cylinders is number one?  Or is there a rubber
layer in the vibration damper that may have slipped?  I don't know if it
would run at all 90 degrees BTDC, but I doubt it would run well enough
for you to sell it to someone.

                gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8910