misdeals and missed deals

To: <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: misdeals and missed deals
From: <amace%sedofis@VM1.NYSED.GOV>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 94 16:21:39 EST
 Too bad on that GT6, George. If it were more like $250 and the body solid, it
 might be a perfect donor car for some of our NE rust projects. The only was I
 can imagine a 6+ in that condition being worth that money would be if the
 Commission number began with X! (Triumph folk know what I mean.)

 On the other hand, Eric, the ad for the 1977 Spitfire sounds almost too
 good to be true! Not that I would advocate such, but frankly the total
 value of some of the add-ons (carbs, OD, hardtop, shocks) might exceed the
 asking price. Unless the engine has venting holes in the block caused by
 errant
 con rods, or the floor pan consists of a yellow diamond-shaped
 sign with a curving arrow painted on it, go for it!

 Andy Mace

 Sigh...I just sold one not nearly as well equipped for only a little less
 than
 that!