SmogWoes revisited

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: SmogWoes revisited
From: "Daren Stone, D2 Mfg. Engr. C5/6, 5-9521" <DSTONE@SC9.intel.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 94 11:05:30 PDT
     First of all, many thanks to those who replied to
     confirm my suspicions about the SmogBozos claim
     that my truck failed smog because the timing was 99
     BTDC.

     Net.wisdom confirmed that:

     -The truck (GMC 454) would probably not run, and if it
     did, it would probably not run well enough to be pass
     the sniffer test with flying colours.

     -The person who administered the test (and the other
     mechanic who double checked the timing) were both
     complete idiots, and at the very least their shop
     should be avoided at all costs. FYI, this is the Smog
     Pros on Abbott ave., Milpitas, Calif.

          A second smog test late yesterday at another shop
     confirmed all is well, and today the truck gets a new
     owner.

          Thanks for all your help-
                                   daren