SmogWoes

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: SmogWoes
From: "Daren Stone, D2 Mfg. Engr. C5/6, 5-9521" <DSTONE@SC9.intel.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 94 14:11:16 PDT
     >>gripe mode on<<

     At lunch today I took Godzilla the tow vehicle
     over to SmogBozos (SmogPros) to get it smogged
     so I can transfer it over to the new owner (sniff),
     and the following conversation took place between
     myself and the Highly Skilled Automotive Technician

     HSAT: "Sir, even though your truck passed all of the
     measured tests, I had to fail it because the timing is
     so far off"

     Me:  "How far off is it ?"

     HSAT: (smirkingly) "Um, 90 degrees BTDC"

     Me: "WHAAAAT ?????"

          Now, two things about this seem amiss: first, he
     struggled to locate the mark initially, and then
     climbed underneath and marked it with a piece of chalk,
     and second, would the thing even run at 90 BTDC ?
     (Stock is 8)
          Oh, ob LBC content, this was Redcar's tow vehicle.

          cheers-
                 daren