Re: MGB clutch

To: jerry@tr2.com, mfrankfo@nebula.tbe.com
Subject: Re: MGB clutch
From: mfrankfo@nebula.tbe.com
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 93 11:17:26 CST
>> MGA's are a different story. It took hours and a complete
>> lexicon of swear words, and multiple beers to get the #@%&* engine
>> back in the #$@! car.

>*** The MGA factory workshop manual says that the only correct
>way to R&R the engine is as a unit with the transmission.

It also says to remove the floorboards first. Doing a R&R on the
floorboards is harder than mating the engine with the gearbox in the car!

>And I've never had any particular problem
>getting the transmission input shaft into the clutch, as long as I
>watched the angle of the shaft.

I was using a chain. Had I had one of the devices to adjust the
engine's tilt, I too would have had to use less explitives!
The real fun is doing an R&R on an MGA twin cam engine.

 Martin Frankford                 Teledyne Brown Engineering, Inc.
 mfrankfo@nebula.tbe.com     (205)726-2366 voice (205)726-3976 fax