Re: MGB:Anti-sway bar, also longtrip.

To: twakeman@apple.com, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGB:Anti-sway bar, also longtrip.
From: bobj@meaddata.com (Robert Jones)
Date: Thu, 27 May 93 10:03:38 EDT
From: Teriann J. Wakeman <twakeman@apple.com>

|> Bob, if you really want to improve handling dump the rear antisway bar.
|> Put a larger one on the front (5/8 inch) and do not put one in the
|> rear.  According to the latest Moss catalogue, testing has shown that
|> rear antisway bars hurt handling on chrome bumpered MGBs.

Really?  Hmmm.  I intend to use this car for autoxing as well as on
the street.   Does that make a difference in what direction I should
take the suspension mods like this?  Does anyone out there run an MGB
in DSP and if so, would you be willing to share your setup secrets?

|> What I'm planing to do:
|> replace all springs with new stock units, replace front antisway bar with
|5/8"
|> bar, replace bushings with nylotron bushings and add neg. camber lower
|> wish bone arms.
|>
|> You can use the rear bar but you will need to use a real beefy front bar &
|> add unsprung wait to all your wheels.

Does a sway bar add that much weight to the wheels?  It would seem to
me that most of the weight is supported where the bar is mounted to
the body.

|> TeriAnn

Bob