Re: LBC(?) sighting this AM

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: LBC(?) sighting this AM
From: Scott.Currier@Ceram.COM (Scott Currier)
Date: Tue, 25 May 93 09:38:33 MDT
PRV - Peugeot/Renault/Volvo DOHC V-6, Bosch K-Jetronic injection, 170BHP

5-speed manual or 3-speed auto

Top speed 140MPH

Lotus Backbone Frame and suspension, Fibreglass Body with Stainless Steel Skin

Bridge of Wier Leather interior

Design by LOTUS Cars LTD., Body by ItalDesign (Giugarro), Financing by UK
and private investors (most notably: Johnny Carson, Sammy Davis Jr. and
ACBC himself [Delorean probably caused his heart attack !])

recalls:Throttle Freeze Plate
        90amp Dulcellier to 100amp Motorola Alternator upgrade
        Front stabilizer bar bushings

Reliability: Very high (100k miles and still going strong)

Problems: Battery drains down if sitting more than two weeks,
Doors must be adjusted to climate (Torsion bar lift), electric clock
is possesed, power door locks don't.

And who was it that said they don't leak?  My DMC puddles worse
than any other LBC I ever owned.  It takes perverse pleasure in
out spotting all of my other cars combined.

Oh yeah, the electrical system relays were the pits (LUCAS) I upgraded
to BOSCH.

Another great LBC fix was the front bumper hieght.  The US flunked the
car, so DMC put taller springs to lift the bumper to US specs. Original
DMC's have a peculiar nose high attitude. (I lowered mine back to factory).

Scott