Re: LBC(?) sighting this AM

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: LBC(?) sighting this AM
From: Dean_Zywicki%NIHDCRT.BITNET@CU.NIH.GOV
Date: Mon, 24 May 93 11:55:54 EDT
|Date: 5-24-93  11:52am
|From: Dean Zywicki:dcrt:nih
|  To: {british-cars@autox.team.net}:INTERNET
|Subj: Re: LBC(?) sighting this AM
  On the subject of Deloreans:
  Just last week I was reading an article about Deloreans.  It was in
Car and Driver I believe.  It was a meeting of the Delorean owners club.
The article indicated that the cars were pretty reliable and the owners
drove them alot.  A comment was made that the stainless steel body held
up much better than anyone ever expected.
   A few fixes were mwntioned also.  The best one was the plate over the
throttle cable under the bonnet.  Apparently they hadn't done any
testing in a real cold environment (there were actually only two test
cars the article said), and there was an annoying problem of water
condensing on the underside of the bonnet and dripping right onto the
throttle cable.  It was fine until you drove for awhile in subfreezing
weather and the water froze in the throttle cable sheath and the
throttle wouldn't close after a long run on the highway.  So, a plate
was added right over the throttle cable end so water couldn't get in.
Sounds like a good LBC fix to me.
   It sounds like there were lots of other fixes like this and the car
ended up being a patchwork of fixes.

Andy sez:
>I believe the engine was a Renault, however. Hmmm...

    The engine was a PRV, which had multicar use P(something),
Renault, and Volvo I believe, in Europe.

    Dean