Re: Key Situation

To: coryc@sequent.com (Cory Carpenter)
Subject: Re: Key Situation
From: plains!pwcs.stpaul.gov!phile@uunet.UU.NET (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 92 22:07:08 CDT
Cory Carpenter wrties about my Europa having no ignition switch >

>Heh?  I'm not sure whether you're talking about a lock on the ignition
>circuit, or on the steering wheel, but either way it sounds like FOS
>(former-owner syndrome).

Absolutely.  Does yours have a solid koa dash and tunnel cover?  :-)

>Even on my '69 there's a lock position on the
>ignition switch (albeit well-worn), and the steering column possesses or
>is possessed by a weird solenoid-based lock (which was disconnected by
>my own friendly former owner).

All gone.

>Seems like yours should at least have
>the equivalent, since it's a few years younger.

Mine is a Lotus 65, labeled 1970, made in 1969.

In the interests of cutting traffic on the british-cars list, further
Lotus-specific comments will go to the new Lotus list.

Phil Ethier, THE RIGHT LINE, 672 Orleans Street, Saint Paul, MN   55107-2676
h (612) 224-3105     lotus@pnet51.orb.mn.org
w (612) 298-5324     phile@pwcs.stpaul.gov  (list goes here)
"The workingman's GT-40" - Anthony Colin Bruce Chapman