Key Situation

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Key Situation
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 92 08:52:53 pdt
Last night I cleaned out the snake's glove box and found yet another
mystery Brit car key, plus another key for some long gone GM car.
Unlike the previous mystery key, this one had the name of the
manufacturer stamped on it:  Action Industries.  I'm beginning to
suspect these keys were for a Healey I sold in 1965.

Speaking of keys, I only have one complete set for the snake.  I'd like
to have another set made but I doubt that any local hardware stores
around here will have have the blanks for them.  Do any of the
Brit car parts suppliers sell key blanks?  The ones I need appear to be
fairly generic looking.  They're only keyed on one side and the keyed
parts are one inch long.  These particular keys are for Wilmot Breeden
locks but they look very much like the Action Industries keys.  Stamped
on the back side of the WB keys are the words "UNION" and "MADE IN
ENGLAND".  I'm not sure what the significants of the word "UNION" is.

Roland Dudley
cobra@hpcdcsn.cdc.hp.com
CSX2282