Re: Key Situation

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Key Situation
From: acg@hermes.dlogics.com
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1992 11:15:57 CDT
Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com> writes:
> Stamped on the back side of the WB keys are the words "UNION" and "MADE IN
> ENGLAND".  I'm not sure what the significants of the word "UNION" is.

If memory serves, our factory keys to the Austin America said the same thing.
The ignition key also came with a goofy somewhat-flexible black plastic head
on it, for safety reasons, I assume. I think it was double cut, too, like a
Ford key, though the door and boot keys were single-cut. Anyway, try your
local locksmith for duplications; you might be surprised at the assortment
of old blanks that they carry. Since the blanks are small and don't take up
too much space, a well-stocked locksmith isn't too inclined to throw them
away just because the relevant cars are getting on in years.

Andrew C. Green
Datalogics, Inc.      Internet: acg@dlogics.com
441 W. Huron          UUCP: ..!uunet!dlogics!acg
Chicago, IL  60610    FAX: (312) 266-4473