Re: Stuck pistons

To: postmaster@dsd.es.com
Subject: Re: Stuck pistons
From: pwcs.StPaul.GOV!phile@medtron.medtronic.COM (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 92 13:14:46 CDT
Steve writes >

>The rings had essentially fused themselves to the liners
>Some $500.00 later I had a shiny new set of pistons and liners.

Hmm.  Before I take the engine/gearbox out of the Europa frame, I think I am
going to oil it again and roll it a bit in fourth.  Don't want to waste that
rebuild.

>If I encounter this again, I'll opt to sacrifice the piston and remove it
>bit-by-bit in order to save the liner.

Since the liners and pistons come as matched sets, that wouldn't help me.

Phil Ethier, THE RIGHT LINE, 672 Orleans Street, Saint Paul, MN   55107-2676
h (612) 224-3105     lotus@pnet51.orb.mn.org
w (612) 298-5324     phile@pwcs.stpaul.gov  (list goes here)
"The workingman's GT-40" - Colin Chapman     "It's a Mistake" - Colin Hay