Re: Stuck pistons

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Stuck pistons
From: acg@hermes.dlogics.com
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 1992 11:32:38 CDT
britcars@hpfckjs.fc.hp.com (Kevin Spooner) writes:
> I had a TR3 engine with stuck pistons. [...] 10 tons of pressure and a shot
> from the fire extinguisher.  LOUD EXPLODING SOUND and flying parts.  After
> examining the damage we found that the piston was still stuck,...

It occurs to me that perhaps we should forget about silly processes such as
nuts, bolts, glues, welding, etc. to assemble cars, and instead just RUST
them together. This assembly process is approved by Mother Nature and is
extremely sound, guaranteed to never fail or come apart unexpectedly.

"Dear Mr. Green: We have received your order for one (1) new 1971 MGB. Your
car is now sitting in the yard behind our garage, and will be ready for
delivery in twenty years."

-- Andy